Membership Committee (SNMTS)
Committee Charges for 2010-2012:
Goal A: Increase Membership
- Develop specific membership initiatives to reach nonmembers.
- Create incentives for members who recruit the largest number of new members within an established period.
- Hold a chapter-to-chapter competition. The chapter that obtains the largest number of new members will receive a prize; provide 1 free on-line CEU credit to each member of the winning chapter.
- Establish dues discount programs.
- Determine if a monthly debit plan is feasible for membership dues.
- Implement discounts for joining as an entire department.
- Develop a certificate program to recognize departments that are staffed completely by SNMTS members. List in JNMT all departments that have SNMTS members.
- Better market SNMTS member benefits
- Provide a listing of other opportunities within institutions, such as jobs that are still within the field but are not just a clinical technologist position (radiation safety officer, health physics manager, etc.).
- Track retention rates and improve overall statistical gathering to use toward marketing.
- Determine why members leave, why they do not purchase certain educational materials, etc.
- Focus marketing initiatives specifically to members and nonmembers based on their unique needs.
- Utilize Marketing Department and Marketing Consulting Company.
- Work collaboratively with local organizations.
- Encourage local organizations to join the national SNMTS.
- Offer a discounted dues structure for members paying local organization dues.
- Assist local organizations with finding speakers.
- Have a tabletop for SNM materials in the vendor area.
- Have funding available for the strategies.
- Determine the return on investment (ROI).
Goal B: Enhance Marketing
- Increase the perceived value of the SNMTS fellow credential status. Recognize and promote SNMTS fellows publicly for their dedication and expertise within the profession.
- Review other organization's processes for fellows.
- Research options on the cost associated with the application process for the SNMTS fellow. (Ask chapters to help with the costs to fund the fellow application.)
- Utilize SNMTS fellow expertise through involvement in SNMTS Leadership and mentoring programs.
Goal E: Improve Communication
- Improve communication between national and chapter leadership and membership.
- Work with local organizations (not necessarily affiliated with the SNM), gain access to tabletops, make presentations at meetings, etc
- Allow the general membership greater access to leadership.
- Hold regular online town meetings with the leadership and include time for members to ask questions.
- Set up a notice board for the nuclear medicine technology leadership. Allow members to post questions and then receive responses from leadership.
- Add online brief video summaries of society activities and video biographical sketches of leadership and committee members. Post a different video each month, rotating the SNM and SNMTS presidents. (Add to election ballot.)
- “What is the SNMTS doing for you?”—have a button on the Web site that allows individuals to review the current activities of the SNMTS. Include summary reports from groups within the SNMTS (e.g., chapters, committees, or leadership). Add a button that allows individuals to ask questions and provide feedback.
- Disseminate the information in a way that will be useful to the member (prioritization).
|Tracy D. Brillos, CNMT||Committee Member|
|Anthony W. Knight, MBA, CNMT, RT(N), NCT||Committee Member|